We made a pretty spontaneous trip up to Greame and Fiona’s farm on Saturday to catch up with Katie’s branch of the family, meaning that Lily and Elsie had seen all of their six cousins and all their aunties, uncles and grandparents in the space of 24 hours. Great trip to the farm including all the normal animal chaos (no inpromptu lambing this time but some taming of a frisky horse to be done).
It’s my eldest niece’s 17th birthday on 26th November and it really, honestly feels like a couple of years since she looked like the photo below rather than like this.
Anyway… talking like that just makes me sound old, something I’m happy to keep on pretending to fight. Lily really was fascinated by the fact that Jenny was going on seventeen and was really keen for us to send this video to her… Happy Birthday Jenny from us all and welcome to adulthood. It’s fun – enjoy it!.
Lovely trip to Fiona(sis-in-law) and Graeme’s – at the Bank Holiday weekend.
- The weather – hardly a drop of rain all weekend – a real August rarity this year
- A lovely cycle ride from their place over to the Wensleydale agricultural show at Leyburn – riding on ‘new’ roads and seeing new places is always a pleasure
- Some of the usual rumpus fun on the huge trampoline – with full stomachs.
- Celebrating Jenny’s ridiculously good GCSE results
- Lily having a ride on Lucy’s horse, Hamish